I first learned about Mommy Lockdown a couple of years ago when a friend of mine, Lauren Madeira, shared it on her Instagram feed. I immediately fell in love with the idea!
“Mommy Lockdown” is a term coined by Karie Robinson. It’s basically 24 hours of productive uninterrupted time.
It’s amazing what can be accomplished in 24 hours with no distractions and no disturbances. Twenty four hours to hunker down and lay out the year ahead.
It’s totally up to you what you’d like to focus on during your Mommy Lockdown. The idea is to get away for one day with the intention to focus on the year ahead. You can do it alone or go with a group of other mom friends.
Here are a few things that can be accomplished during Mommy Lockdown:
- Create a vision board of what you’d like the year to look like.
- Put into writing your intentions for the year.
- Make a list of homeschool goals for the upcoming school year or create a curriculum.
- Brainstorm blog post ideas.
- Put together a social media schedule.
- Get started on that book you’ve been wanting to write.
- Put together an action plan to help you accomplish a goal.