I remember when I was 10 years old and…
Just kidding, guys!
Let’s just skip right to it.
Banana Bread Brownies
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
Brown butter frosting ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar (can use 2 cups regular sugar)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tb milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the sugar, sour cream, butter and eggs. Add the bananas, vanilla, flour, baking soda and salt. Stir until combined.
- Butter the baking pan. Pour batter and bake for at least 20 minutes. Add an additional 5 minutes until your desired preference. I like mine a little undercooked in the middle.
- When the banana bread is almost finished cooking, start making the frosting.
- Frosting: Bring butter to a boil in a saucepan. Allow to turn light brown. Remove pan from heat and add sugar, vanilla and milk.
- Pour frosting over the banana bread while it is still warm.