This simple yet delicious cobbler recipe never fails. I’ve used it for cherries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and peaches. I think it will work with any fresh fruit you have on hand.
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (salted is fine)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups of any fruit (pitted cherries, blackberries, blueberries, etc.)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the butter in a 9×13 inch baking dish and place in the oven to melt while the oven is preheating. Remove as soon as butter has melted, about 5 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of sugar, and baking powder. Mix in the milk until well blended, then pour the batter into the pan over the butter. Do not stir.
3. Place cherries into a bowl and toss with 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of flour. Distribute the cherry mixture evenly over the batter. Do not stir.
4. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until golden brown.
Enjoy! Let me know what you think!